We're looking for an ambitious software engineer to join our 30+ Mobal family in Finland. Mobal is a marketing software company helping businesses manage their business listings, for example, Google Business profiles, aspiring to become a category leader within the coming years. We’re on an incredible journey right now to rapidly build our platform and scale our team internationally. 🚀
What you'll do
- Work in an autonomous full-stack development team, driving end-to-end development of product features using cutting-edge technologies.
- Solve challenging technical problems and collaborate with different teams to build robust, performant, and seamless user experiences.
- Make an impact and work as part of a fast-growing startup!
Who are we looking for
At Mobal, we look for curious software engineers who enjoy working with all aspects of the stack and who can take ownership of developing and delivering performant and scalable software. Some of the technologies we use are TypeScript, Node.js, Vue, Vuetify, PostgreSQL, Celery, AWS, Redis, and Django. You do not need to have experience in our stack, but we expect you to have worked with similar technologies. The minimum requirements we expect from you are:
- At least 3 years of experience using web frontend and backend technologies. We expect you to have worked with at least one web frontend technology (e.g., Vue, React, or Angular) and one web backend technology (e.g., Django, ExpressJS, Ruby on Rails, Flask, or Node.js).
- You are a curious generalist who likes to learn new technologies.
- You can work both independently as a part of a team
- During your professional software development career, you have built user-facing products that focus on customer value.
- You have an understanding of the best practices in agile software development.
- You have a quality-driven mentality and experience with test automation, code reviews, or other similar approaches.
What we offer you
- Directly impact customers through the software you build
- You choose the tools and technologies you want to use
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Company-sponsored activities
Hybrid remote work
There is a lot of flexibility at Mobal to balance work and personal life. You can work at the office or at home according to your schedule because the team operates productively and inclusively regardless of where anyone is physically located.
Currently, our Product & Engineering Team is based in Finland, with offices in Helsinki.
What our recruitment process looks like
First meeting: we get to know each other.
Coding challenge: your coding skills are put to the test.
Technical interview: review your coding challenge implementation and dive deeper into your technical skills.
Explore and Expand: we'll discuss your aspirations and see how they fit Mobal's vision.
Mobal is a business listing management software company helping businesses stand out in local searches through cutting-edge technology and managed services. At Mobal, we help businesses get everything out of their location marketing and bring their physical stores in front of local customers to drive foot traffic and increase sales. In November 2021, we raised €2M in financing from Lifeline Ventures (Supercell, Wolt, Smartly etc.) and our vision is to be the category-leading business listing technology provider in 2024. Fast forward to today, we’re servicing over 200+ customers in six countries.
Read more about Mobal at www.mobal.io.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to explore, we'd love to hear from you as soon as possible. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right talent.
During the interview process, we are very eager to learn more about your skillset. Please prepare yourself to do an assignment if we move forward with you in the recruitment process.
If you have questions, please contact our Tech Lead, Jonatan von Martens (firstname.lastname@example.org).